A special family afternoon at Stars’n’Bars will honour Kate Powers birthday on Saturday, July 16th. The event is being organised by the Kate Powers Foundation, which was set up to continue her dedicated work on bettering the well-being of the community and the environment.
“Kate left us on August 30th and we miss her,” the Foundation says. “Her love and sense of fun made every event at Stars’n’Bars so memorable, we miss it.”
Volunteers from the Kate Powers Foundation will be raising money through various games for children and adults – three-legged race, egg spoon race, pétanque – as well there will be an inflatable castle, face painting, meditations and a sound bath, a wellness corner and a raffle with Kate-appropriate prizes (see below). There will also be a silent disco and a dunk tank.
Stop by between 4pm to 10ish (no reservations necessary) and pay tribute to our friend Kate while supporting the Foundation that bears her name. Entry is €30.
Food and drink (salad bar, cake, cookies, wine, Blue Coast Beer and Kombucha …) not included. More details will be revealed in coming weeks but I can confirm Mickie and Minnie Mouse will be on hand for photos.
Every time you say the words “I miss Kate”, follow that up with “How can I help?”
- Blue Coast Beer
- Signed football shirt ( Lisa/Steph Morandi) Monaco FC
- 2 vouchers for Zumba classes (Lisa Parker/Morandi)
- 1 reflexology (Keah Lan, Senses)
- Advanced Body Management (Kylie Tomich)
- Azur Chiropractic (Julie Reynolds)
- Craniosacral therapy session (Lucy Coote)
- Meal for 2 at Piazza
- Annette Shine yoga
- Bon Cadeaux Treatment (Fanny Rigaud)
- 100 cupcakes (Nicky Johnson)
- Birthday cake (Angie Roberts)